Evony age 1 and 2 are the same except for a few key differences. Age 2 has different medal drop rates, you can’t build npc cities anymore since they disappear after 48 hours or less, and have level 12, 14, 16, and 18 special npc cities that have special abilities. These cities can’t be teleported but can draft anyone within a certain radius.
The biggest mistake many evony players make is they have poor resourcing. They always try to make do with such low level sawmills, iron mines, quarries and farms. They also don’t tech up to level 9 barracks and ballistas, which is where you get all your resources mid to end game from. Farming npc barbarian cities is essential to surviving and dominating evony. That leads to building 12-16 barracks per city to train a ton of archers, warriors and calvary to win.
A friend of mine, James, has taken what I have above and created a complete plan on how to dominate evony age 1 and 2 . His guide expands on the above and says to do the following:
1. Why 99% of all evony players build their cities in the worst manner imagineable.
2. Resource correctly, especially if you are starting out.
3. Start an alliance, using this one trick will let you recruit tons of great players. It’s so simple that I wonder how everyone misses it.
4. Configure your army and defenses so you are nearly 100% pillage-proof.
5. Get a level 10 city in 10 days. No hacks or cheats.
6. The right research configuration and tech level to generate infinite resources.
7. The quickest way to research all technologies to level 10 without getting yourself killed or bottlenecked.
8. Double your evony resource generation overnight on full auto-pilot.
9. Acquire the in-game items easily (think medal boxes, game cents, amulets, etc).
10. Recruit good players without spamming.
Now, James talks about a lot of different aspects of evony, and there are glaring differences between Age 1 and 2 which he goes over. I don’t know if his advice may work for your particular situation but check his guide out here and see if what he has to say makes sense. If you’re wondering if it will work for you, see what these players had to say following James’s advice:
“Thanks James, your book has not only helped me out for the past 6 months but I’m also your Vice Host on Server 121. To the victor go the spoils.
“James, I was so happy to get your book and build a massive army on server 64. When the armies came a knockin’ they all left crying. I used your idea of reinforcing and wiped all that came my way.
“Great book, back when you first attacked me James, those 3 waves took all 3 of my cities at the same time. Wow, but try it now big fella… thanks to your tips and all your help, you’ll never see inside my gates again.
.. Moonwings (server6)”
If you’re tired of getting scout bombed to death and then plundered and conquered every day, then reading James’s guide will help you. I don’t recommend reading it if you have no problem with being plundered with no hope of defense and losing your hard built cities left and right. If you are interested, click the picture below to start reading.